A few weeks ago, I took part in an 8 Week Weight Loss Challenge and I’d say it helped alot. I didn’t lose very much in the eight weeks, only a few pounds, but the constant challenges and support from everyone who participated was really helpful.
Once again, another 8 week challenge is taking place for the summer, this time hosted by the lovely Sarah (@SarahLou1976) — her blog, UK to California has all of the information, and I am really looking forward to weighing in on Friday and giving her my starting results. With school completely done in a less than a week, I want to focus on my health and fitness over the summer and start making some positive changes in my post-grad life.
These weight loss challenges are really awesome because they are eight weeks, and the time frame to make a difference is short enough so we don’t lose interest, but long enough to make some good progress. Here are just a few things to keep in mind for the challenge:
- Challenge starts on May 12th and ends July 7th
- The challenge is open to EVERYONE
- You can email or tweet your starting weight to Sarah by midnight on May 12th. Send her a picture of the scale number, or a screenshot of your Weight Watcher’s weigh-in. Don’t forget to send her your first name and last initial (and Twitter handle if you have it) so she can add it to her blog.
- Send her your updated weight each week
- Partake in the challenges!!
The person with the highest percentage of weight loss will win some great prizes — and what’s better than dropping weight and winning prizes? That’s right, NOTHING! 🙂
So, whether you’re on Weight Watchers or not, I recommend you join! It’s a great way to kick off summer feeling and looking better. A huge thanks to Sarah for moderating the challenge!!